I am pleased to announce the first release of Fwrap v0.1.0, a utility for
wrapping Fortran code in C, Cython and Python. Fwrap focuses on supporting the
features of Fortran 90/95, but will work with most well-behaved Fortran 77
Fwrap is BSD licensed.
Fwrap is beta-level software; all public APIs and commandline options are
subject to change.
Features in the v0.1.0 release:
- Fortran source parsing and automatic wrapper generation;
- Top-level (non-module) Fortran subroutines and functions;
- Supports all intrinsic types (integer, real, complex, logical &
- Default and non-default intrinsic types properly wrapped;
- Scalar and array arguments supported;
- Supports assumed-shape, assumed-size, and explicit-shape array arguments;
- Intent ‘in’, ‘inout’, ‘out’ and no intent arguments supported;
- Automatic docstring generation for extension module and functions;
- Wrappers are portable w.r.t. both Fortran and C compilers.
- “Use” statement support;
- Python & Cython callback support;
- Kind-parameters in type specification;
- Module-level data and parameters;
- User-derived types.
See the README and documentation for requirements, compiler support, etc.
You can get fwrap from pypi or from its sourceforge download page:
Project homepage, including links to wiki & bug tracker: